Works collaboratively with the health care team to ensure both practice and professional standards are identified and maintained in the delivery of patient care and that mutually determined patient outcomes are achieved. Interacts with patients and peers within the three spheres of influence: the patient/family, nursing personnel and organizational systems. Nursing care will be continuous and comprehensive. Promotes organizational systems. Nursing care will be continuous and comprehensive. Promotes research and excellence in patient care while supporting and facilitating nursing’s professional growth and development and upholding standards of professionalism.
- MSN and Four years related experience or BSN and Six years related experience.
- Foreign medical graduate with minimum 4 years of experience in an infection prevention/control, epidemiology program in an acute care setting.
- State of Florida Registered Nurse or ARNP.
- BLS card required from American Heart Association.
- Formal Infection control training through CDC, APIC or equivalent. Certification in area of specialty within 12 months of hire.
- Knowledge of Infection Control regulations and policies.
- Acute Care hospital experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency preferred to analyzed and manage epidemiology data.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills.