Supervisor: Shift Manager
Supervises and coordinates activities of production workers.
- Studies production schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product participating in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department or line.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains production records.
- Confers with others to coordinate activities of plant personnel.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Responsible for containment of non-stable and non-capable processes.
- Oversees all aspects of the production build.
- Enforces safety compliance by ensuring the proper training is given in OSHA mandated regulations such as electrical safety, hazard communications, etc. Will also ensure compliance with company safety rules and regulations and will offer training on a monthly basis on various safety topics.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for collecting data and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
- Identifies job openings. Establishes performance goals and a development plan, conducting a six-month evaluation, provide on-going employee appraisals for employees.
- Identifies performance or conduct issues, resolving the issue internally with the Employee (where possible and appropriate) and initiates the employee corrective action process (for internal resolution).
- Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to HR and develops an appropriate action plan with HR to correct the issue.
- Corrects and improves actions in the respective area with regards to employee satisfaction.
- Develops and controls documents and data within the functional area. Reviews, approves, distributes and maintains file documents and data for which there is management authority. Responsible for releasing external documents, and for ensuring that obsolete external documents are excluded from use.
- Applies that corrective action process when discrepancies / non-conformances are detected.
- Responsible for applying the preventive action process when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible for assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive action for employees in the department.
Scope of Authority:
Has the authority to stop production if defective or unsafe parts or condition appear. Has the authority to reject non-conforming material from the supplier. Is empowered to prevent non-conforming material from reaching the customer.
Four-year college or university program certificate, or two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.