Supervisor: Site Manager
Under the general direction of Site Manager, plans, organizes and controls of the manufacturing functions and processes of the plant to ensure the manufacture of quality parts in the most efficient manner possible; thus, ensuring continued profitability.
- Directs all manufacturing operations within the plan and coordinates the work of the various departments though thorough familiarity with all manufacturing processes. Maintains awareness of shipping requirements, work schedules and quality requirements. Approves monitors and coordinates staffing levels: ratio of indirect to direct labor, over-all costs of doing business in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Responsible for the selection and development of qualified individuals to ensure all short and long-term staffing needs are met and/or exceeded. Monitors and mentors individual members to ensure high degrees of skill level and job knowledge, while simultaneously ensuring members maintain a high degree of morale and sense of personal accomplishment.
- Analyzes and determines material, equipment and staffing requirements by studying daily operation results, through daily meetings with subordinates. Consults with production managers and supervisors as to how to overcome production problems; and to follow-up to ascertain that problems have been corrected or to determine the next course of action to bring about a coordinated conclusion to the problem.
- Consults with Plant Accountant in developing annual operation budgets and controls based on analysis of sales volumes, maximum machine outputs (based on available man-hours) and projected operating efficiencies. Works with the accountant to determine an annual profit plan. Provides accounting with monthly labor hour estimates of indirect and direct labor for forecasting profit by month. Determines purchase burden on supplies and materials to assure proper and accurate cost control and accounting in areas within operations management control.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Department to ensure all policies, procedures and practices are applied in a firm, fair and consistent manner; thus, helping to minimize concerns and/or complains by individual members. Coordinates with HR to help maintain high levels of morale among all members. Works with HR in the development and implementation of new policies and/or procedures as may be required to ensure a safe, cost efficient and profitable overall plant effort.
- Conducts plant inspections to ensure safe work practices by visual observations, memos, and personal guidance and, if necessary, corrective actions to ensure proper procedures and practices are being followed; thus, helping to prevent accidents and unnecessary lost production. Accountable for ensuring all OSHA standards are met and/or surpassed within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Consults with the Site Manager and department heads on all major cost reduction projects to discuss and determine their feasibility and chance for success; and to monitor and discuss their progress during implementation.
- Responsible for coordinating with all support/service departments, in the timely resolution of production problems, schedules, machinery requirements, staffing requirements and to ensure quality is maintained and customer satisfaction is delivered.
- Prepares operations schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications while working to continually exceed the customer’s increasing expectations.
- Obtains all required authorizations for tooling and equipment procurement.
- Ensures that Total Productive Maintenance is performed on a timely basis and that maintenance objectives are achieved.
- Ensures that staffing and training are completed for Current Production Part Change.
- Ensures that color evaluations and verifications are performed by qualified Team Members.
- Identifies job openings, develops a job description and approves the job requisition. Establishes performance goals and a development plan, conducting a six-month evaluation, and provides on-going employee appraisals for employees.
- Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensures that Continuous Improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
- Identifies performance or conduct issues, resolving the issues internally with the Employee (where possible and appropriate), and initiates the Employee Corrective Action process (for internal resolution).
- Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to Human Resources (HR), and develops an appropriate action plan with HR to correct the issue.
- Corrects and improves actions in the respective area with regards to employee satisfaction.
- Reports problems of Information Technology to Level 1 support.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and solving problems.
Scope of Authority:
Has the authority to stop production if defective or unsafe parts or condition appear. Has the authority to reject non-conforming material from the supplier. Is empowered to prevent non-conforming material from reaching the customer.
College degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or four year to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.